Jhegson Méndez Scouting Analysis – Ecuador National Team Match Based Performance Analysis and General Evaluation
Jhegson Mendez scouting analysis I will share the comments I observed about the football player under 3 main headings for his performance analysis during his time in the world cup 2022 Qatar. In the first title, football player information, then match-based explanation analysis. In the last part, his detailed observation is shared as a general player evaluation.
Who is Jhegson Mendez?
Mendez is an Ecuadorian national football player who was born on April 26, 1997 and plays in the defensive midfield position. He plays for Orlando City SC.
Jhegson Mendez Season 21/22 Statistics;
How many games did Mendez play as a statistic for the 21/22 season and how effective was he?
Time Taken: 828 min.
Injury: 21/22 season leg injury – 63 days / 13 matches
Jhegson Mendez Match Based Evaluation;
The result obtained over some matches where Mendez started the starting eleven in the World Cup 2022 Qatar;
Topics that are Effective in Minor Features in the Algorithmic System: Short and long pass, free space mobility, positioning, industriousness, environmental control, team harmony.
Headlines Not Effective in Minor Features in the Algorithmic System: Finishing, long shot, cross shot, sliding tackle.
Jhegson Mendez Evaluation;
As a result of the match-based analysis, the priority role that should be played in the position played: Dynamo and Regista.
Moments where the in-match reaction is most effective: Transition Game.
Positive Aspects of the Footballer:
- He becomes a pass station.
- He has a tendency and skill to direct the game.
- There is a tendency to play from behind.
- He has an agile body, which allows the body to quickly perform the action he needs to take.
- He tries diagonal and long passes—a feature where it can be used to move the team forward in transition games.
- He defends to narrow the field and block the opponent’s pass options.
- He leaps and runs into the second zone and occasionally toward the third zone. Tactically successful in this regard.
- He has a tendency to grab empty balls and is successful. Effective ball control and protection under pressure.
Aspects that the Footballer Needs to Develop:
- His defensive skill is not top-notch. He needs to be faster and harder interventions. It has no cutting effect.
- Does not attempt or tend to shoot.
- His dribbling is weak, and he is not very active in his dribbling in transition games.
- He is not effective at airballs.
- His physique is not top-notch and may not be effective in duels with harder offensive players.
Mendez’s performance with Ecuador in the World Cup 2022 Qatar group matches was impressive. However, his performance in the Netherlands match, where the opponent was strong, successfully fulfilled his duty, especially in tactical understanding. The reason for this is that it is the right choice for teams that need a player with long passes from behind to move their team fast forward in a play-from-aft setup. He also successfully did this in the Ecuador team. This style will definitely be successful in teams that set up games from behind.
Someone who can play for mid-level clubs in Europe. A role player who can take part in tactical teams. It can give effective performance in team play.